Front Desk Representative / Insurance Verifier
We are searching for a full time Front Desk Representative / Insurance Verifier to join our team. In this role you will provide customer service and administrative duties.
- Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm depending on shift, but expect 40 hours a week.
- Experience: 2 years of medical office experience required
Major Responsibilities include:
- Opens or closes the office each day according to protocol
- Provides superior Customer Service by welcoming and greeting patients and visitors, in person and on the telephone
- Schedules new and return appointments for all patients according to the practice guidelines
- Checks-in/out patients: Printing the appropriate paperwork, ensuring patient information is correct in the system, and all paperwork is correctly filled out and scanned into the patient chart
- Performs Insurance Verifications
- Acquires necessary referrals
- Collects Co-Pays and Balances
Digestive Disorders Associates (DDA) is actively searching for full time Medical Assistant to join our busy medical practice team. Our Doctors and medical staff provide excellent medical care and compassion in an environment where we all are committed to providing the best care for our patients.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and BLS certification
Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant by AAMA or other nationally recognized credentialing organization with 2 years Medical Assistant experience.
Required: 3 years medical experience in lieu of being Certified Medical Assistant.
Knowledge of clinical skills/procedures skills and medical terminology preferred, but will train.
Computer Experience (Outlook) and electronic medical records (EMR); especially gGastro and EPIC
GI experience a plus
Ability to work in fast paced environment with changing priorities and frequent interruptions in a calm, professional manner.
Ability to work with multiple physician/staff/patient personalities while maintaining a positive attitude.
Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills.
Excellent organization skills with focused attention to detail and follow-through with tasks.
Patient Centric communication and interaction skills.
Effective problem-solving skills.
Major Responsibilities include:
Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; disposing of contaminated supplies, sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning/escribing prescriptions to pharmacies; completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results;
Chart prep and visit prep by reviewing visits and obtaining/verifying reports, labs and x-rays.
Patient education- medication, diet, and procedural instructions for a variety of colonoscopy preps and EGD preps.
Answer patient questions in person, telephone, and electronically.
Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
Completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third party inquiries and obtaining prior authorization for medication and radiology procedures.
Communication with allied health resources for direct patient care needs.
Assume other clinical/administrative duties as needed.